Saturday, November 7, 2015

Project 4: Architecture Relief

Artist Statement:

For this project I picked my two favorite architecture time periods, Neoclassical and Modern. I found inspiration in how the two provided such stark contract, one being very detail orientated and the other very minimalistic relying on strong line and shape for design. This project was very interesting to me because I was able to incorporate the parts I liked most evidently from both time periods. The foam board was my favorite material used for this project and I found it easier to manipulate than the paper surprisingly--based on the idea that the foam board held its shape much better and looked much more structured which was the look that I wanted to achieve. My final composition was very whimsical to me, it maintained the stolid aspects of Neoclassical architecture while improvising elements with hard lines and shapes adding to the Modern architecture. The overall composition worked well for me, however one of the drawbacks I found difficult was having to use all of the required materials. I relied so heavily on the foam board and push pins that adding other materials always felt somewhat foreign. If I were to do this project again I think I would figure out a way to maintain the structure while improvising these materials in different ways that would capitalize on them instead of making them seem like an additional sidelined aspect.

Time Period Inspiration:

Neoclassical

Modern


In Process:





Final Composition Mounted on Wall:




No comments:

Post a Comment